[Wine] Debugging an application crash

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 14 00:59:25 CST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, James E. Lang wrote:

> The problem with this answer is that I cannot supply sufficient information for
> anyone else to debug the crash if I cannot even display anything more than I
> showed in my original posting to this thread. I can't tell the author of the
> Windows application what went wrong and I can't tell anyone on the Wine project
> what went wrong.
>
> --
> Jim

To get any useful information out of the debugger, you'd have to do a lot
more work (and it might not work with your RPM installation, so maybe
you'd have to build wine from source).

If you can give instructions on how to reproduce the bug, that's the most
useful thing.  If possible, give instructions on where to get the software
(best if it's freely distributed) and how to make the problem come up.