[Wine] .NET Framework?

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Mon Feb 20 15:50:15 CST 2006

>AFAIK not yet.
>The microsoft .Net - Runtime is very windows-specific and hooks quite
>deeply in the system.
>Even windows.Forms is not really a GUI-toolkit but more a wrapper around
>GDI(+).
>
>So i do not suspect this to work.
>And because that sort of non-managed code is in many .net-programs most
>of them are simply not portable yet.
>
>Pure .Net-programs should be runnable in mono or GNU Portable .Net.

Hah, is there such a thing???  I think if someone didn't *intend* for an
app to run cross-platform, it's actually *worse* than a static Win32 app
(at least the static, compiled app has some chance of working under Wine).

My current nemesis in the .NET world is Auctiva's MrPoster.  And since
**NO-ONE** seems interested in making a Linux-compatable offline posting
tool for eBay, I don't think I'll ever be able to move my brother's system
off Windows.  (I'm not a programmer, before someone suggests I should write
one).

Of course, Tax software is one other major headache that keeps Windows
partitions around.