[Wine] Wine and MIDI applications

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Feb 23 07:12:34 CST 2006

While many, such as tabledit and such, work just fine. Usually players rather
than sequencers.

Jammer Pro once ran under wine. A few of the more complicated dialogs were not
100% but the program played. The previous version off Debian Sid came up
similarly, hung up when I tried to compose and play a song. The current
version fails in the sequencer DLLs. I used to get this to run by demanding
an NT-base emulation. The thunking done in win9* MIDI apps was a problem.

Ntonyx style-enhancer/Onyx arranger similarly fail. SE got as far as its
protection scheme before failing when in an NT mode.

Are there configuration setting to get such programs running again? Is
something broken in the latest-and-greatest?