[Wine] StreetSmart Pro - hang during install

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:25:02 CST 2006

Hi,
   I built Wine-0.9.5 this morning from portage on one of our Gentoo
machines. I then tried installing the StreeSmart Pro Simulator
application from Charles Schwab. The install hung very quickly and got
to the point where a winepreloader process was using 100% CPU but was
making no apparent forward progress. When I hit Ctrl-C in the terminal
where I was running I got this info in an error box:

Error Code:	-5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1331)
pAPP:StreetSmart Pro Simulator
PVENDOR:CyberTrader
PGUID:0B42996A-C170-4462-AAA3-BA61B0DB5924
$9.1.0.429PAK
@Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (2195) BT_OTHER 55424.32703

   The executable I'm trying to install is here:

http://www.schwabat.com/Platforms/SSP/DownloadSimulator.aspx

If someone could duplicate this it might be helpful in doing a bug
report. Make sure you get the StreetSmart Pro app and don't try the
web based one.

Thanks,
Mark