[Wine] Re: could not load ... as Win32 binary

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jan 8 16:04:29 CST 2006

Sabine wrote:
> I am using Debian (Etch) und wine 0.9.5-winehq-1.
> When I try to install a Program the installation routine hangs, when it
> registers some data. The last messages I get are:
>
> warn:process:CreateProcessW (L"C
> \\windows\\temp\\is-QIULB.tmp\\_isetup\\_RegDLL.tmp",...): ignoring some flags in 4000000
> wine: could not load L"C \\windows\\temp\\is-QIULB.tmp\\_isetup\\_RegDLL.tmp" as Win32 binary
>
> ... In December it worked already. Now it doesn't any more (after a apt-get
> upgrade with many, many packages).

What program are you trying to install?

Are you able to build from source?  If so, and if you're
willing to hunt a bit, you could find which patch broke
your app.  See
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/x1344
Once you find that, it's more likely the wine developers can
find a fix for you.
- Dan