[Wine] InstallShield Setup.exe hang

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Wed Jan 11 19:15:10 CST 2006

Hi,

From: Liam Kurmos <quantum_liam at yahoo.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [Wine] InstallShield Setup.exe hang
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:59:01 +0000

> I don't know how to fix this problem, and maybe somebody else will be
> able to help you. As a work around though, maybe you could try
> installing the program on a windows machine/partition and copying the
> installed files to linux.

As for the copying all files from the installed system on WinXP, I have
done it already and edited **almost** all registry definitions with
regedit32.exe as well, then found it failed because of definition
shortage perhaps(too much application registry definitions, it's
impossible). That's why I'm going to use the Setup.exe.

> err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002

Error message above comes from 'dlls/ole32.c', it seems {be6115a1....}
definitions in regsistry are not enough to send and receive data
between Setup process and iKernel.exe process. I guess that's why
Setup.exe hangs(waiting) just after extracting all files.

Is it good for me to go to the wine-developper ML about this topic ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
// M.Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com