[Wine] Re: could not load ... as Win32 binary

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jan 13 00:47:25 CST 2006

> > I am using Debian (Etch) und wine 0.9.5-winehq-1.
> > When I try to install a Program the installation routine hangs ...
> > ... In December it worked already. Now it doesn't any more (after a apt-get
> > upgrade with many, many packages).
> [The app is] TTQV4 (a GPS and Navigation software) see
> http://www.ttqv.de/main.php?content=14 and
> http://www.ttqv.de/main.php?content=21&download=13

With a fresh copy of wine from cvs, it installed fine once I copied
msvc40.dll into windows/system32.
The app started ok, too, but died after putting up the main window,
complaining about a type mismatch.  It'd probably work better
with native COM libraries, but I don't have time to try that right now.
For the record, the last two lines on the console were
fixme:ole:MSFT_ReadValue BSTR length = -1?
fixme:ole:IRecordInfoImpl_IsMatchingType (0x7c729280)->(0x7bd04210) stub

Anyway, were you using plain wine, or were you also using
some native libraries or Winetools or something like that
when it was working for you before?
- Dan