[Wine] wine and jack => segfault?

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Wed Jan 18 05:23:33 CST 2006

Joachim Förster wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> obviously there is no one on this list who has similar problems? Would
> it be a good idea to post the problem into the dev mailing list?
>
> Anyway, yesterday again I made some tests and I think, that the
> OSS-output driver of Wine has a bug. Yesterday I used plain OSS (no
> alsa, no sound server, nothing) and again Windows Media Player (I use it
> to test sound) said it couldn't use the audio hardware. So there
> definitely has to be something wrong here.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Short summary:
> Wine at alsa: works
> Wine at jack: segfault !! I think this is cleary a bug, or not?
> Wine at oss: WMPlayer couldn't use the audio hardware. Displays an error.
>
> System: Ubuntu Breezy (breezy kernel 2.6.12-10-686).
>
> Joachim Förster wrote:

Yes I think it would be a good idea to report this on the wine-dev
mailing list (with the details already posted there, some of the readers
there do not follow wine-users), especially as you did some researching
on this too, probably someone there will be able to tell you what to do
to find the cause and - if this is a bug - fix it for you - or help you
fixing it in case you are willing to attack it yourself :-)

regards,

Joris