[Wine] Re: could not load ... as Win32 binary

Sabine Sagner-Weigl postit at weiglwelt.de
Thu Jan 19 00:41:19 CST 2006

Hello Dan,

thank you for your answer.

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Well, that looks good, especially if you made sure wineserver wasn't
> running first.
> (Funny, though, I had to copy msvc40.dll, not mfc40.dll.)

a) The setup program for TTQV gave me an error with "cyber32.ocx" (I don't
rember the exact error message. I search in the error messages of wine and
found:
err:module:import_ Library MFC40.DLL (which is needed by L"C
\\windows\\system32\\CYBER32.ocx") not found
So I copied mfc40.dll and had no more error messages.

b) What is msvc40.dll? Where can I find it?
It's not in a windows installation I have nor in www.dlldump.com nor in
www.dll-files.com.

> If you could get a wine expert to pay some attention to this problem,
> I'm sure it'd be solvable.  Wish I could help more, but I'm booked solid!
> You should consider filing a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org
> summarizing what you've posted in this thread.

I think I will do that. Thank you!

Sabine