[Wine] Re: Threading performance

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Sun Jan 22 08:15:12 CST 2006

Tom Wickline wrote:

> At what depth are running X ?

I have the exact same symptoms, whether running X in 16-bit or 24-bit
color depth.  I had been using 24, but I just now tested in 16.

Renicing the server and pre-loader, again, eliminates the long pauses.
My fps in 16-bit mode was only about 2 fps faster than in 24-bit mode.
I run the demo confined to a 1024x768 virtual desktop window, but get
the same results when I let WINE run it fullscreen.

Also, I'm running a pretty recent (within the last week) checkout of Xorg.

Thanks for the troubleshooting test, though!

-Jesse