[Wine] Only one app keeps me on Windows - Can WINE free me?

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:07:16 CST 2006

Currently, there is only one application that is keeping me on
Windows, and that is the TivoDesktop software that lets me DL episodes
from my Tivo, and in conjunction with the DirectDump tool, allows me
to convert those Tivo files to standard MPEG-2 files for editing.

Does anyone have experience running TivoDesktop under any version of
Wine under any distribution? I'm rather distro agnostic at the moment
as I'm more interested in getting this working than in whether I have
to use Apt-Get or Emerge to do the rest :-)

TIA,
Ewan