[Wine] MAYA PLE & WINE (FC2)

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at gurulounge.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 26 19:25:49 CST 2006

A couple suggestions:

1) have you looked at a program called Blender for Linux?
(www.blender3d.org).  It would seem if someone was willing to learn the
peculiarities of this program they would save themselves quite a bit of
money.

2) I had an installer crash trying to install TeleChart 2000.  I did the
following command:

WINEDEBUG="loaddll" wine SETUP.EXE > ~/temp/winedebug.log 2>&1

After viewing my winedebug.log file I discovered the installer crashed
after loading a module called "MSCAL.OCX".  To make a long story short,
I Googled for the OCX and found newer versions available.  I renamed the
old OCX and installed the newest version and the program installed fine
after that.

Hope this helps

Jeff

--