[Wine] Re: Help with wine install

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jan 28 15:09:25 CST 2006

On 1/28/06, Rhys OReily <charger426bl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have recently downloaded the Wine 0.9.2 RPM and
> installed it on my computer, but when I tried to run
> winecfg it came with a message saying there was no
> such command.

A little commandline magic located it:
 $ rpm -q -l -p wine-0.9.2-1fc4winehq.i686.rpm | grep winecfg
 /usr/bin/winecfg
So it looks like it's in /usr/bin/winecfg.
If you are using a commandline, just typing 'winecfg' should do.

> I browsed through all the directorys on
> my computer, including /usr/local/bin/ and there was
> nothing. I also found that wineconsole was not
> installed either. I have read through all the FAQ and
> found nothing and this was the only support email
> address I could find.

The right place is wine-users; I'm cc'ing my reply there.  See
 http://winehq.org/site/forums

> Here is the specs of my computer:
> OS: Fedora Core 4
> CPU: Pentium 2
> Memory: 96mb
> BASH shell mostly used.

Ah, that's the problem; you have a used BASH shell.
Better go out and buy a new one (just kidding :-)

> Sorry I can't give you more info... Im new to linux.

Welcome aboard...
- Dan