[Wine] Connect to a server for autentication

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Mon Jan 30 15:53:56 CST 2006

Hi All,

This is my first post here.

I need to use a proprietary program designed only for nt 4 or win2k.

I set all things in winecfg to win2000.

After, I install the program and, at the end, I choose "I will restart
my computer later". The setup finished the instalaltion well with out
any error message.

Then, I run wineboot. No error messages again.

But, I was unable to start the program.

I receive this first message and anothers zilhons of error messages.

err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by ...

Then, I copy this dll form a win2k and salve it on system32 directory.

The start well, now.

But, this program have a server, instaled in a win2k in our LAN, and we
uses the client. In my case, I would like to use it on my debian testing
with gnome/nautilus/wine.

When this program was started, it checks the server for search the
license. For this, it shows a popup menu with all computers in our
network/usersgroups. Then, we choose the name of the server and press ok
for boot up. Here is my problem. On wine, it shows the popup with out
any computers name.

Then, I guees that it dont find neignborhood.

And, isnt possible to enter with a IP or host name in their pop up.

Is it possible to solve this one???

Thank you for any help

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia