[Wine] Trying to get my TaxCalc program working

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 12:48:47 CDT 2006

Hi all

I'm trying to get my UK TaxCalc program working.  I don't know a lot
about how it was developed, except that it it seems to use a lot of html
pages/forms.  However, I haven't got past starting the program up yet.
It displays a message box headed 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library'
and the text

---------------------
Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Taxcalc 2006\TaxCalc.exe

way.
---------------------

And the following error message is logged by Wine:-

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (0).

So far I have added overrides for ole32, oleaut32 and wininet in Wine
Config.  Can anyone suggest a cure (perhaps another override) for the
above error?

I'm using 0.9.16 with Ubuntu 06.06.

Tony