[Wine] REPOST: No printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Derlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Sun Jul 2 16:51:11 CDT 2006

Ekkehard Flessa wrote:

> sending job 'juergen at BetriebsPC1+66' to MFC7820N at localhost
>  connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
>  cannot open connection to localhost - Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol

> Why do I need LPD if CUPS is running?

Printing with CUPS in not implemented in wine yet.

> And wine identifies the
> printer as managed by CUPS...

Managing Printers with CUPS is partial implemented.

You need to install the BSD-Printing-commands from CUPS
(lpr and others)

On my ubuntu 5.04, the Package is named "cupsys-bsd"

I'm working on the printing-issues, but that takes a while.
See: http://wiki.winehq.org/Printing

Help would be great.

--
By By ...