[Wine] running window's 95 games in wine

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 20:00:57 CDT 2006

A good place to start is the user guide (see the Documentation link on
the side of the wine site).

There's a section on configuring wine, but I think the automatic
configuration is pretty good at this point, and you may want to just
try running it. So the section titled "Running Wine" is probably a
good start: http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/running

You can also look up a particular app in the AppDB (http://appdb.winehq.org/).

Titanic has a page there
(http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3596), but in this case
it seems to only say that someone tried it at some point and it worked
ok. It may or may not work ok now with the latest version.

On 7/2/06, Julie Code <julie.code at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>              I am new to Linux, and new to Wine therefore.  I was wondering
> if anyone could help me run the game Titanic an Adventure out of time, (a
> window's 95 and NT game) in wine.  I've been to the wine site, and I am not
> sure what do even do first thing.  Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Julie

Vincent Povirk