[Wine] Dialog box problem with Wine

klaus_mayer at today.com.au klaus_mayer at today.com.au
Mon Jul 3 07:17:15 CDT 2006

Hi

I have a problem with a setup program under Wine.

Hope one of you guys understands the problem and can help.

I would like to install a windows application into my
".wine/drive_c/program files" directory instead into my native
"/mnt/c/Program Files".

However:
* When I use my native Windows installation (C: linked to /mnt/c) the
setup program works fine and I can enter all digits into the serial
number field and proceed.

* When I use the Wine drive_c (C: linked to /home/user/.wine/drive_c)
the setup program does not let me enter the last digit in the serial
number field causing the setup program to complain about an incorrect
serial number.

Besides, when using my native Windows in Wine the dialog boxes and
fonts are much better than when I link c: to /home/user/.wine/drive_c

Can anybody tell me how I can fix the problem with the dialog box so
that I can enter my serial number properly and proceed with the
installation? I guess it is just a setting somewhere or some dll that's
missing.

Please respond to the Group only because email address is dead.

Thanks