[Wine] Re: Dialog box problem with Wine

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Mon Jul 3 08:26:13 CDT 2006

Le lundi 03 juillet 2006 à 05:17 -0700, klaus_mayer at today.com.au a
écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with a setup program under Wine.

What setup program ?

What Wine version ?

> Hope one of you guys understands the problem and can help.
>
> I would like to install a windows application into my
> ".wine/drive_c/program files" directory instead into my native
> "/mnt/c/Program Files".

Please don't use "native" directory, this is not recommanded.

> However:
> * When I use my native Windows installation (C: linked to /mnt/c) the
> setup program works fine and I can enter all digits into the serial
> number field and proceed.
>
> * When I use the Wine drive_c (C: linked to /home/user/.wine/drive_c)
> the setup program does not let me enter the last digit in the serial
> number field causing the setup program to complain about an incorrect
> serial number.

What is shown in the console ?
It looks like you have some DLL overrides in winecfg, if you remove them
you should get the same results with /mnt/c than with ~/.wine/drive_c
and then we could know where is the problem.

> Besides, when using my native Windows in Wine the dialog boxes and
> fonts are much better than when I link c: to /home/user/.wine/drive_c

From where did you get Wine ? Did you build it yourself ?

Regards.