[Wine] Re: using windows-printer-drivers with wine ?

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at cox.net
Tue Jul 4 09:33:10 CDT 2006

Juve

Doesnt it say somewhere "primary goal being uncompromising quality" For
the Gimp or Gutenprint driver? I'll admit I havent followed this up. My
understanding is that wine uses the cups interface to the installed
drivers via a postscript stream. Whatever quality you get from vanila
Linux (say using Gimp) you shd be able to get using wine.

Is it worth checking that your installed version is up to date enough
that the drivers you need are included?

There was also a comment about a Canon driver being available from them,
but the link is broken.

Good luck!

Bob