[Wine] Re: Running Windows Oracle App into linux

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 07:17:37 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 04:52 -0700, Vinicius 'Corvu' BR wrote:
> Hi Daniel.
> My version of Wine is 20040505. If it is just a release date, then I
> dunno how to get the real development version, cause it's all I get
> when using --version.
> Then, the dll file it calls is not called by wine; the program I'm
> running under wine is the one who does it.
> Is WINEDEBUG a environment variable? I can't find it.. is it located at
> ~/.wine/config?

That version is more than 2 years out of date. Things have changed a lot
since 2004.

Visit www.winehq.org and select the download link you find there. It
will redirect you to a mirror where you can d/l the latest version -
0.9.16 or thereabouts. You'll have to compile it yourself, but there are
full instructions in the d/l file

alan