[Wine] Parallel port HASP

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 10 09:30:45 CDT 2006

>>>>> "kevin at knysna" == kevin at knysna sa com <kevin at knysna.sa.com> writes:

    kevin at knysna> Does anyone know how to get Wine to recognize an LPT1:
    kevin at knysna> port with a HASP (dongle) installed?  I use a program
    kevin at knysna> called Magic V7 by Magic Software Enterprises
    kevin at knysna> (www.magic-sw.com) The Deployment module works fine under
    kevin at knysna> Wine, but the Development module looks to the parallel
    kevin at knysna> port to verify that the dongle is installed.  I get a
    kevin at knysna> "Protection Violation" error which under Windows meant
    kevin at knysna> that the HASP was not connected to the parallel port.

    kevin at knysna> I have tried the following command but still no luck.

    kevin at knysna> ln -s /dev/lp0 lpt1

You need access to/dev/parportX
Wine registry key: HKCU\Software\Wine\VDM\ppdev
should point to the parport device.
You need a Win95/98(?) program that doesn direct port access and doesn't
need a driver.

Then run with +DEBUGMSG=+int and look if any access is trapped. Perhaps you
need to adjust things.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de