[Wine] Running Turbo C

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:10:37 CDT 2006

On 11/07/06, CptDondo <yan at nsoesipnaemr.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> > Well, I do need to run them under the IDE. Otherwise I could just use
> > Kate and gcc.
> >
> > For that matter, is there not a native linux app that lets one compile
> > and run (an IDE)? I've tried Eclipse and Ajunta, but they don't seem
> > to do C.
>
> OK, I am confused....
>
> Are you trying to build a dos executable using Turbo C or a linux
> executable using gcc?

I'm trying to learn C in the university!

I don't really care where the program _can_ run, only that I can run
it from within the IDE. We're learning pointers and arrays and
recursive functions. We are not learning to build GUIs. So I can use
whatever compiles ANSI C, so long as it compiles from within the IDE
because I'll make five hundred small changes and I need to run after
each change.

So I'd prefer to use Turbo C so that I can be compatable with the rest
of the fools in the course who come over to do HW and cry when they
see a penguin. However, if there is something _similar_ native to
linux that this newbie can install, I'd love to try it.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com