[Wine] Running Turbo C

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 06:45:46 CDT 2006

On 11/07/06, Legine <legine.wine at web.de> wrote:
> Hmm, gcc supports ANSI c if I trust Wikipedia :D. so you should be fine
> with the standrad gcc compiler.

I forgot- it's gcc that supports ansi, NOT Turbo C! I guess that I'll
just have to make an XP partition to check everything that I write in
linux, to be sure that it will compile on their tools. I've already
had problems, with calling libraries such as math.h and conio.h.

> > So I'd prefer to use Turbo C so that I can be compatable with the rest
> > of the fools in the course who come over to do HW and cry when they
> > see a penguin. However, if there is something _similar_ native to
> > linux that this newbie can install, I'd love to try it.
> I heared a lot of good things about Code::Blocks (www.codeblocks.org)
> A full featured C / C ++ IDE based on gcc, but supports differnet modern
> compilers (MSVC++, Digital Mars, Borland C++ 5.5, Open Watcom), too.
> It can compile code within the IDE and comes with neat features.
> Works on Windows and Linux so there is a change you can confince others
> (your professor? ;) ) to swich to gcc and Code::Blocks.
> Of course all Open Source. :D
>
> Here you find help setting codeblocks up for your distribution:
> http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1194.0.html

Thanks, I got it working! Which compiler is most similar to Borlands
compiler (gcc, intel, SDCC)? I thought that Borland would be one of
the choices, but it is not.

Dotan Cohen
http://linux-apache-mysql-php.org