[Wine] com ports

Ian Couchman i.couchman at shirecontrols.com
Thu Jul 13 08:10:40 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,
I am in the last stages of converting my business to Linux. All software is
now open-source or running under wine. Except one. The software supplied by
my bank. This runs fine under wine apart from the dialup to the bank. No
matter what settings I use for the modem, I always get the message that the
modem cannot be initialised.
Here's what I have confirmed so far:
The com port is pointing to the right place in wine. If I select a
non-existant port, the software says it cannot access the port.
I have access permissions for the port. Using kppp, I can dial out without
problem.
For the same reason, the modem, serial connections & phone connections are OK.

The software asks for the following information for modem setup:
Modem type
Com port
Baud rate
Initialisation string
Start of call string
End of call string
Termination string
I have used the pre-set options for a standard modem.

I am running wine-0.9.16 on debian sarge.
Any help would be much appreciated. (does anyone know how to find out what
windows sends to a com port?)