[Wine] Re: Running Turbo C

buck huffman no at spam.net
Thu Jul 13 19:32:31 CDT 2006

I'm suprised to hear that it didn't work for you in dosbox,
I installed and ran it in dosbox just now an it performed
flawlessly. I compiled intro1.cpp from the examples directory
and ran it, all from the IDE, no problem. Anyway I also copied
the tc directory over to my qemu drive image and it also
worked perfectly in qemu running win98 as guest operating
system, under suse 10.1 host OS. so it is definately doable,
and in my opinion well worth the effort.

on a side note, it failed to run in dosemu, complaining about
an "unknown error", which is odd because both turbo C 2.01 and
borland C 3.1 work just fine in dosemu.

on another side note borland C 3.1 also has a windows IDE that
does run on wine, however it failed to compile complaining
about a "Bad handle in SetBlockSize" in a linux dialog box.

buck