[Wine] re: wine upgrade and fonts with finale

Piotr Sawicki pelle at plusnet.pl
Fri Jul 14 14:04:51 CDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your interest in my wine problem.
I have also tried with creating new ~/.wine folder for the latest wine
version, but now there are even more squares than characters on the
screen.

When I start finale from command line with the latest wine with newly
created  ~/.wine directory:

piotr at linux:~> wine /home/piotr/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Finale\
2003a/FINALE.EXE
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x2e4,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
piotr at linux:~>

Is it possible that this problem is connected to my local language
settings in linux system which is polish?
Is it also possible that uninstalling an rpm with wine does not remove
all wine files, that affect next wine installation?
thanks

Piotr