[Wine] com ports

Ian Couchman i.couchman at virgin.net
Sun Jul 16 05:14:53 CDT 2006

That was interesting. SV Pro saw the modem OK. When starting, it gave an
"invalid response from modem" message. When it checked the modem, it said it
had found a Lucent modem, but the actual modem is a Hayes. When I tried the
dialler, it worked fine, so wine will work with the com port. I wonder if the
machine has a winmodem installed which is confusing everything? lshw doesn't
show one. I will have a look tomorrow ( I am working from home using remote
desktop at the moment). Anyone any more suggestions?
Ian