[Wine] Re: Does Wine support IO Completion Ports?

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 05:43:47 CDT 2006

Uwe Bonnes <bon <at> hertz.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Xn Nooby <xnooby <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I am trying to run a custom Windows application using WINE.  The windows
> > program uses "IO Completion Ports" to listen for incoming connections.  The
> > program does not seem to work running under WINE on SUSE 9 Linux.  Looking
> > at Google, it appears IO Completion Ports is not yet implemented.  Is this
> > the case?
>
> If nobody answers, probably nobody is involved or nobody involved reads your
> message.
>
> The definite answer is the source. Checkout CVS wine or download the recent
> wine release. Look what function the program uses, either in the source or
> by running with WINEDEBUG=+relay, find out what functions misbehave and look
> at the implementation of these functions in the code
>
> B.t.w. if you use wine from Suse9, it is ages old.

I think most of it is not implemented . looks like Robert Shearman made an
attempt to do this, according to this thread
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20050504.122304.326b9049.en.html
maybe you could try merge it with current cvs and see if it helps anything
(there seem to be a few versions of patches, just google for io completion ports
wine patch)
(