[Wine] X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Randall Svancara rsvancara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:06:45 CDT 2006

I have compiled wine 0.9.17 with the wine-wow patch.  I start up WoW
with double buffering enabled and WoW fails.  I disable double
buffering in winecfg and wine starts, but the screen flickers as a
result of disabling double buffering.  I am using an nvidia 6600gt
graphics card, amd athlon 3000 cpu with 1GB of ram.  I am running
Fedora Core 5.  I am using the latest and greatest driver from NVIDIA.
 I am using hardware opengl.

I receive the following error:

fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE; STUB
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  848

In the AppDB it said to restart your XSession and everything should
work fine, however this does not seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks