[Wine] How to set up help browser?

CptDondo yan at NsOeSiPnAeMr.com
Wed Jul 19 18:51:08 CDT 2006

CptDondo wrote:
> James Hawkins wrote:
>> On 7/19/06, CptDondo <yan at nsoesipnaemr.com> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any words of wisdom for setting up the standard Windows
>>> help browser?
>>>
>>> I have an app with extensive on-line help, but the help browser only
>>> comes up with the one intro page.  The various tabs are there, but they
>>> don't do anything....
>>>

>> Are you trying to open a compiled help file (.chm)?
>>

> I don't know....  How do I find out?
>
> Here's what wine says:
>
> fixme:winhelp:HLPFILE_AddParagraph Got an embedded element RoboEx32.dll,
> WinHelp2000,
> fixme:winhelp:HLPFILE_AddParagraph Got an embedded element RoboEx32.dll,
> WinHelp2000,
> fixme:winhelp:MACRO_RegisterRoutine Cannot find dll RoboEx32.dll
> fixme:winhelp:MACRO_RegisterRoutine Cannot find dll RoboEx32.dll

Well, now I've copied that dll from the app dir to windows/system32 and
now I get:

fixme:winhelp:HLPFILE_AddParagraph Got an embedded element RoboEx32.dll,
WinHelp2000,
fixme:winhelp:HLPFILE_AddParagraph Got an embedded element RoboEx32.dll,
WinHelp2000,
fixme:winhelp:WHD_GetInfo NIY 8
fixme:winhelp:WHD_Open ("c:/windows/system32/" 2)
fixme:winhelp:WHD_LLInfoFromFile ()
fixme:winhelp:WHD_OpenBag (0xffffffff |SYSTEM 2)

AFAICT, the file is *.HLP but it is in a binary format.

--Yan