[Wine] Problems with newest Wine versions (.16, .17)

Alex Ferguson b_linuz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 07:52:53 CDT 2006

Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr> wrote: Hi Alex,
--- Alex Ferguson  a �crit :

> Hello,
>
> To get straight into the subject at hand, it seems that the two latest wine versions (.16, .17)
> have broken some of my applications (Planescape and Carmageddon, in particular).

Could you be more specific about the problems encountered in those ?
As Daniel said, you only have fixmes.

Kind regards,
Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)

 Run your favorite Windows apps with free ReactOS : http://www.reactos.org
Listen to non-DRMised Music: http://www.jamendo.com

Linux is not as well stable as it is told to. The proof is, mine has restarted two years ago, on the occasion of a power cut.
- H.  Eychenne

Well, Planescape starts up into a black screen, and then just sits there.It doesn't progress into the intro videos, nor does it show any signs of loading something.

Carmageddon seems to start up well, but halfway until it fully loads into the menus it slows down and changes into a black screen.Restarting X is the only way to get back into the GUI.

Those are the problems I've been having...

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato