[Wine] Re: Configuring Wine

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Jul 23 11:20:28 CDT 2006

Christian wrote:
> Hello all, I have just sign up to this list. I need to set a few
> things in Wine, but since I am visually impaired I cant use the
> graphical interface. I know that the config file has been disabled,
> but is there some other way of enabling the sound card emulation? I
> also want to change the operating system emulation as well. Many
> thanks, Christian

The graphical configuration interface just makes changes in the Wine
registry files. You can edit the registry files by hand, if you want to
go that route. Make backup copies of them first ;)

To change operating system emulation for a particular application, add
an entry to ~/.wine/user.reg like:

[Software\\Wine\\AppDefaults\\myst.exe] 1152292768
"Version"="win98"

I am not sure what "sound card emulation" is, but I am guessing it is
the DirectSound "Driver Emulation"? If so, there should already be an
entry in your user.reg like:
[Software\\Wine\\DirectSound] 1152294462
"EmulDriver"="N"
"HardwareAcceleration"="Full"

You can just edit that.