[Wine] problem usin MS RDO to acces a database

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 06:53:35 CDT 2006

Marcelo Luda wrote:
> Obisuly, we are trying with Wine :-)

Nice to know what you're trying to achieve.
Many seem to forget that part, leaving you wondering ;-).

> Most of the app I need to run use MS RDO

For those wondering, RDO is Remote Data Objects, an obsolete (COM?) API:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Data_Objects

> We managed to install sussefully RDO and MSODBC but the apps
> crash when they try to use it. I attached a debug of one of the erros.
> If anyone can give me a clue, I would be gratefully.

>  warn:odbc:ODBC_LoadDriverManager failed to open library libodbc.so: libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks odd, but I've never tried to make ODBC work with Wine, so I
really can't tell.

> warn:module:load_dll Failed to load module L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Rdo20ES.DLL"; status=c0000135
> wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x7cb70000 at address 0x236a2ce4 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> [...]
>  Backtrace:
> =>1 0x236a2ce4 in msrdo20 (+0x32ce4) (0x236a2ce4)
>   2 0x23696b01 in msrdo20 (+0x26b01) (0x23696b01)
>   3 0x740cc9d9 in msvbvm50 (+0xc9d9) (0x740cc9d9)

If I had to guess, I'd say that 'msrdo20' dll is trying to load
'rdo20es.dll' (es --> DLL containing spanish strings?), which fails,
whereafter code in 'msrdo20' fails to check whether the DLL load call
succeeded and just goes on to try and use something from 'rdo20es'..
But it's just a guess, I'm by no means an expert.

Try stuffing rdo20es.dll somewhere and see if that helps?

Otherwise, a bug report on bugs.winehq.org might get you somewhere, if
you can provide a downloadable version of the application you need to
run..
Also include links to dependencies, for example the precise MDAC
version you're using.