[Wine] re: problem usin MS RDO to acces a database

Marcelo Luda marceluda at moron.gov.ar
Thu Jul 27 07:02:37 CDT 2006

El mié, 26-07-2006 a las 12:36 -0700, Dan Kegel escribió:
> Marcelo wrote:
> >Well ... A developer from the municipality take a program similar to the
> >one I showed you the debug ( it also use RDO ) and stripped it down to
> >make it do only a connection with rdo and nothing else (isolating the
> >problem with the RDO apart from other things that may affect).
> >I installed the program and run it but it still don´t work.
>
> Excellent.  Can you send us the source and binary of the test program?

I would see if I can send que source . . . for now, you can download the
program installer from:
https://newproxi1.moron.gov.ar/ext/PruebaRdoSetup.zip
You would need the access a mssql database but for now that's not a
problem because the program crash before it can even make a connection
(it not even send any package to te network)

> > The debug is similar to the one I sent in the first mail, I attached it.
>
> Can you run notepad?  e.g.
>   wine notepad
> Also, which version of Wine are you using?

I can run notepad and classical wine programs
My wine version is 0.9.17-winehq0, runing in an Ubuntu Dapper and
installed following the instructions in:
http://www.winehq.com/site/download-deb