[Wine] Re: Problems with this program

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:22:27 CDT 2006

Hi Carsten

Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Well, I just can't print, here is the backtrace of the crash:
>
> fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboA
>   Can't find '(null)' in printer list so trying to find default
> wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x0000002e at address 0x7f6a2540
>   (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Backtrace:
> =>1 0x7f6a2540 PRINTDLG_WMCommandA+0x619 in comdlg32 (0x7f6a2540)
>   2 0x7f6a2fb6 in comdlg32 (+0x32fb6) (0x7f6a2fb6)

> 0x7f6a2540 PRINTDLG_WMCommandA+0x619 in comdlg32: movw  %ax,0x2e(%edx)

Neat stack trace, unfortunate that it lacks a source file and line number.

Robert Shearman writes:
> tell the user to install a build with debug information.

Wise words from Robert hereby conveyed.

Build Wine with debug information, and you'll get a better stack
trace, telling you exactly where the problem is.

So now the million dollar question is: How to build Wine with debug information?

I don't know.
I would have thought that ./configure --help would tell me, but no.

As usual, things are either not documented at all, or the
documentation is scattered for the wind :-)..

I'll keep googling, but in the mean time, if anyone comes up with an
answer, post here......