[Wine] OpenGL issues with Counter Strike

Jan Rathmann JanRathmann at t-online.de
Sat Jun 3 06:47:04 CDT 2006

Hello,

I recently switched my OS to Ubuntu Dapper Drake amd64 (I used Breezy
before) and now I'm facing strange issues regarding Counter Strike (old
version, not "Source") via Steam. Steam starts up fine, but if I want to
launch the game, the terminal puts out this error-message:

err:wgl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat glXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)

while Steam itself opens first a small window saying "Error:
ChoosePixelFormat failed" and then another one that tells me that
OpenGL-support is disabled. Of course I have installed the fglrx-driver
for my ati card (Radeon 9600 Pro) from the official Dapper repository
(8.25.18) and according to glxgear it seems to work. Under Breezy
everything had worked fine and I'm using exactly the same .wine
directory as before. I have tested wine 0.9.14 and 0.9.9, the behaviour
is exactly the same on both versions. Furthermore I of course have
already searched the internet for a possibble solution, but I haven't
found anything untill now. So I hope this may be the right place for
such issues (sorry, if it is not)...

Kind regards,
Jan