[Wine] OOO Game switches to fullscreen although it shouldn't

Plamen Vassilev plamen.vassilev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:24:04 CDT 2006

Hi to all,

I have home built wine 0.9.14 on 32bit Slackware 10.2, kernel 2.6.15.5
running on AMD64.

I recently installed the free game Out Of Order from
http://outoforder.adventuredevelopers.com/
It installed OK with default screen resolution of 640x480. My current
screen resolution is 1600x1200 and I have configured wine to run all of
the applications in a window, even if they want to switch to fullscreen.
It usually does that, but with this game there is something strange.
When run - it switches the resolution of my desktop to 640x480 and runs
in fullscreen. The game runs fine, though - sounds, graphics and
everything is OK. What is wrong is that it does not run in the wine's
window, in fact, when I switch applications with Alt-Tab - I can see
that wine actually has shown it's window, but it's empty and the game
runs in fullscreen instead, messing all of my desktops' and icons'
settings. Does this rings a bell to anyone? Or anyone else experienced
that kind of problems?

Thanks.

--
regards