[Wine] Wine and Audio problem

Derk nobody at invalid.org
Fri Jun 9 04:23:40 CDT 2006

Hi,

I installed wine in order to be able to transfer data from my Polar Heart
Rate Monitor to my computer. The program uses sound to transmit data files,
which are picked up my the microphone and then the program shows all data,
if all goes well. It worked perfectly twice, but then I get sound problems.

The problem here, is that the sounds from the HRM are not being picked up by
the microphone. In winecfg, I see that VIA 8235 is the wave-out device, but
as wave-in device dsnoop:0 is given. I think this is where the problem
lies: another program shares wave-in with the HRM program. Is this indeed
the case or am I wrong about this? How can I make wine to be the only
program using the wave-in device?

TIA!

Gr, Derk