[Wine] libwine.so.1

Francesco Pietra frapietra at alice.it
Sat Jun 10 16:03:07 CDT 2006

Re-re-sent to inform that an anonymous referee has suggested how to solve:
uninstall libwine completely and fresh install.
___________
Re-sent to show:

debian:/etc# apt-get -u install libwine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libwine is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
debian:/etc#

now, I am confused
fp

On Saturday 10 June 2006 21:25, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Francesco Pietra <frapietra at alice.it> wrote:
> > /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin: error loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1:
> > cannot open shared object files: No such files or directory
> >
> > #apt-file search libwine.so.1
> >       libwine: usr/lib/libwine.so.1
> > that is, libwine is the package for such lib, as far as I can understand.
>
> So /usr/lib/libwine.so.1 does exist and is a dynamic library?
 I don't think that it is present. My search above is in the repositories (?).

# ldconfig
reports nothing

Look here:
debian:/home/francesco# ldd /usr/lib/libwine.so.1
ldd: /usr/lib/libwine.so.1: No such file or directory
debian:/home/francesco#

Probably the faulty upgrading (it failed to open some packages because of
errors in the packages) has not reinstalled libraries. I recovered those for
X-system. Apparently not those for wine.

Reinstall package libwine?