[Wine] wine-0.9.15 & winetools problems.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:56:58 CDT 2006

Hello,
   I built wine-0.9.15 today. It installs and works to a small extent
that I tested it. I then attempted to install and run winetools and
had some problems. If anyone sees what I'm doing wrong please let me
know. Thanks.

1) Install wine
2) Run 'wine notepad' to create initial .wine directory. Notepad opens.

mark at dragonfly ~ $ wine notepad
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/mark/.wine'...
wine: '/home/mark/.wine' created successfully.
mark at dragonfly ~ $

3) Check wine --version:

mark at dragonfly ~ $ wine --version
Wine 0.9.15
mark at dragonfly ~ $

4) Start wt

a) winetools complains that I'm using it with an untested version of Wine.
b) Run Base Setup
- Update fake drive - finishes OK
- True Type Arial Font - finishes OK
- DCOM98 - finishes OK
- MS Foundation Classes 4.x

- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 - At this point I get a message "The
download location information is damaged. Please clear your Internet
cache and retry Setup".

I tried it with the first step being Create a fake drive as well. Same problem.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem at M$?

Thanks,
Mark