[Wine] wine-0.9.15 & winetools problems.

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Tue Jun 13 02:36:58 CDT 2006

>> Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem at M$?
>>

> The first thing you did wrong was to use winetools.  It doesn't work,
> and it's unnecessary at this point.  To install IE6:
>
> $ rm -rf .wine
> $ wineprefixcreate
> $ cp inseng.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32
> $ wine ie6setup.exe
>
> Note that this answer has been posted on this mailing list several
> times.

But the AppDb Howto *still* recommends WineTools and IEs4Linux, and
*still* doesn't document a working method for installing IE.

Can someone *please* update the Howto? An AppDb with incorrect
instructions is doing more harm than good.

> Also note that builtin IE can now be used to browse the internet.

I must admit that I've never really understood what's so great about the
builtin IE. If I just want to browse the net, I'm using my native Mozilla
instead...

Regards,
--
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer