[Wine] limit to flood

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Wed Jun 14 11:18:00 CDT 2006

Francesco Pietra <frapietra at alice.it> wrote:
> May I ask whether it would be possible to create a wine list for fundamental
> problems of wine, leaving out all problems related to war, game, and so on,

While I don't know wich war you are talking about, noone keeps you from
setting up a maling list on your own. I, however, advise against this as
fragmentation of information sources is just a waste of time.

> e-mails are really flooding.
>
> There are people interested to run a few scientific applications that are not
> yet available on linux or other unix OS (while expecting that a variant will
> become available on unix). They would like to concentrate the problems
> related to that. In contrast, problems of this kind find little attention,
> such as my posted question about handling by wine of OLE inserted graphics.

You confuse 'giving little attention' and 'not knowing a solution'. Why
should I post a followup just saying "I don't know."?

> is to keep correspondence within manegeable limits by separating
> fundamentally different interests.

If you find the traffic here to high, you can use filtering.

Daniel