[Wine] Re: MS Access2000 does not work fine

cricketc at gmail.com cricketc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 18:08:01 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 02:15:08PM +0200, Jonathan Ernst wrote:
> Le mardi 13 juin 2006 à 04:44 -0700, phhs80 at gmail.com a écrit :
> [...]
> > Thanks, Jonathan. I have do so. Now, when I open WinWord, I get a
> > permanent error:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Regarding MS Access, when I open it, I get a message saying that I need
> > to install MS Internet Explorer 3.00 or later, and still I cannot run
> > MS Access.
>
> What happens if you add these registry entries ?
>
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer", "Version",,"6.0.2800.000"
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer",
> "W2kVersion",,"6.0.2800.000"
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Exlporer", "Build",,"62800"
>
> Are you using wine 0.9.15 ?
>
> Regards

I am trying to install Office 2000 (specifically Access, I don't care
about the other programs), so I'll jump in with this thread, if that's
OK.

I'm running wine 0.9.15. I ran wineprefixcreate, then ran the Office
2K setup - it said the installation was completed successfully. I
tried to run Access, and it said it needed IE. I added the registry
entries from above, and Access opened fine (thanks a lot for that
tip!).

Now, however, Access gives me more error messages. It says "The
Dynamic Link Library mswstr10.dll could not be located." if I try to
create a new database, and gives the same error message for
msjet40.dll if I try to open an existing database.

I googled a bit, and found that for Windows users, it was suggested to
install Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8, so I tried that. The error messages
are still the same, though.

I searched my .wine folder, and neither file seems to even be there.
Should I download those two dll's manually? If so, where do they go?
Are there going to be a lot more dll's that weren't installed with
office that access needs?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

-Benjie