[Wine] Serial port woes

CptDondo yan at NsOeSiPnAeMr.com
Fri Jun 16 11:08:38 CDT 2006

I am trying to get an app called GMWIN running.  It installs and runs,
but it cannot communicate via the serial ports.  It is a controller for
PLCs, and its purpose is to talk to PLCs via serial ports, so this is
essential...

Here's the error I am getting (the NIY-hEvent is repeated many times):

[i386]yan at TravelSlug:~$ wine "c:/gmwin_4/gmwin"
err:thunk:_loadthunk (DLL16.DLL, thk_ThunkData16, DLL32.DLL): Unable to
load 'DLL16.DLL', error 2
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x1004e,
filter=0x7faae13c,flags=0x00000000), STUB!
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -2
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -2
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 4096 outsize 4096 unimplemented stub
fixme:ntdll:NtWriteFile NIY-hEvent
fixme:ntdll:NtWriteFile NIY-hEvent
fixme:ntdll:NtWriteFile NIY-hEvent
fixme:ntdll:NtWriteFile NIY-hEvent

Is this a file IO error?  In other words, is this program failing
because it can't access the local file system?  Or is it something in
the serial IO that's messing it up?

Googling doesn't help; the only thing I find says, we should't be here.
  <http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/ntdll/file.c>

Does this mean it can't read from the serial port?

--Yan