[Wine] question regarding sub 640x480 resolutions

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sat Jun 17 05:25:12 CDT 2006

altkai at ml1.net wrote:
> I was able to get Wine to work using the umanaged desktop setting and a
> virtual desktop of the exact size that the game was requesting, but
> obviously that was unusable. Is this a known problem, and is there any

By unusable you mean the window was too small?

> way to work around it? A simple hack would be to simply double or triple
> the original game's resolution, that would be fine with me. (Maybe
> there's a setting somewhere and I missed it)

Wine doesn't do any resolution scaling or the like. However, you can do
the following:
Set you  LCD to the lowest resolution it will go (640x480 should be
available). Make sure the LCD uses scaling to cover the whole screen.
Play. 320x240 should now appear much larger.

Daniel