[Wine] No printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Jun 17 15:05:31 CDT 2006

Hi Sven Rudolph:

> lpr is /usr/bin/lpr
>
> /etc/printcap on my server says:
> i560|i560:rm=goza:rp=i560:
>
> There is no /etc/printcap on my local machine, since there is no printer
> connected to my local machine,

Peinting with lpr requires an entry in "/etc/printcap" and a ppd-File
for the Printer.
"generic.ppd" comes with wine and should work.
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
HCU\Software\Wine\Printing\PPD Files\

> All my AFM files are in /usr/share/fonts/Type1, so this can't be the
> problem.

I have a subdir "gsfonts" and a file "fonts.cache-1" there
$ cat fonts.cache-1
"gsfonts" 0 ".dir"

> I have gnu-gs-fonts-other and gnu-gs-fonts-std installed.

Should be ok.

> Do I have to install the fonts on my print server too?

Not needed, IMHO

Did you already try your app with the Debug-Channels?

WINEDEBUG="+winspool,+wineps,+file" wine app.exe 2>log.txt

Please search the end of the large logfile for something usable about
the afm-files.

Which wine-Version / Unix-System do you use?

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef