[Wine] Winecfg not doing anything

kewldude606 dfinnie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 09:26:08 CDT 2006

I am using Ubuntu Dapper.

I'm trying to set up wine.  I'm reading all these guides and they say
to run winecfg in the Terminal and then click on this or that tab.
Now, when I run winecfg in the terminal, this is the output:
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/daniel/.wine'... (daniel
is my username)
It doesn't go back so that you can type in a new command but I can type
in random words and stuff.

Also, whenever I run winecfg a new file is created in my home
directory.  They are named .wine-[a-zA-Z0-9]{6} for example:
.wine-1hgB6z and .wine-2E5WPF .wine-EfJuW2 .wine-H1sW6j .wine-HhCFR2
.wine-K6KfeR .wine-nBvrdn .wine-pN5XFv (those are the actual folders
out of my home dir).

At first I thought this was a problem with my wine install, so I
uninstalled it and then reinstalled from the repositories (I followed
the directions on winehq and added wine's repository).  That still
didn't work so I build from source (still using apt-get) and it still
didn't work.

Please help me!  I really want to run uTorrent.

Also, I tried to run "wine <*.exe>" and  the same thing happens.