[Wine] Re: How come wine doesn't improve?

David Rowell djrpublic at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 18 11:21:53 CDT 2006

Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> Even though wine versions get released often and the weekly newsletters
> seem to report progress I get the impression that wine is not really
> improving.
> Of course it happens that some applications work with newer wine
> versions which didn't work with older ones, but at the same time old
> applications stop working.
What you don't see, perhaps, is that they do become working aps with a
bit of fiddling.  Folks tend to post the problems not the fixes!
> Is it only me that gets the impression that wine only changes over time,
> but doesn't improve?
I completely disagree.

> Philipp
It has been my experience that the Wine programmers seem to really care
about fixing issues.  They may tend to expend more effort on things that
interest them but, hey, they're volunteers.