[Wine] Re: Wine and Maple 6

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 02:50:19 CDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How can I apply the patch?
>
> Sorry if the quoting's a bit off--still getting used to this new yahoo mail interface.
>
> First off you'll want to download and compile wine from source.  There's a link at the bottom of the download page here:
> http://winehq.org/site/download
> Then you'll want to build it, as described here:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source
> (Mainly, once you've unpacked it, you'll cd to the wine directory, then run make, make depend, and make.  Then as root run make install.)
>
> Then you'll want to save the patch in the top-level wine directory, and finally use the patch command.  For example, if the file is named file.diff, you'll do something like:
> patch -p0 < file.diff
>
> You'll then want to rebuild the patched components.  Since this patch is limited to the msvcrt directory, you can:
> cd dlls/msvcrt
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Whew.  Once that's all done, try running maple 6 again.
>
> Good luck,
> --Juan

Hello, I did the patch wine with no errors or warnings but I still get
the same error.
---------------
wine: Call from 0x7fc2eb50 to unimplemented function
msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype called at address
0x7fc2eb50 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
Unhandled exception: unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype
called in 32-bit code (0x7fc2ebc0).
fixme:dbghelp:elf_load_debug_info_from_map Alpha-support for Dwarf2
information for kernel32<elf>

--
OOzy
Kubuntu-Dapper